This Hypnotherapy session will help change how you think and feel about your gambling addiction at a much deeper level than just saying to yourself “I want to stop”.
This form of therapy for dealing with a gambling-pattern of behaviour is strong, because it addresses it where it starts, rather than where it ends. The mind is where all your hopes, thoughts, ideas and goals stem from; by altering how your mind thinks about gambling, it is possible to alter your behaviour.
- Do people close to you know how much you gamble?
- Do you lie about the amount you gamble?
- Do you feel bound to keep increasing your bets?
- Do you feel regret or guilt after gambling?
- Do you gamble until your wallet is empty?
- Do you gamble with cash that you need to pay other things?
- Have you ever stolen, borrowed, or sold possessions to get money to gamble with?
- Do you dream of that “big win” and what you will do with the money?
- Do you gamble to escape worries?
- Do you gamble in order to solve money problems or win back money you have lost?
- Have you noticed that you are neglecting work or people close to you so you can gamble?
The warning signs of a gambling problem can be understated; if you think some of these apply to you, you need to act now.
- An introduction to Hypnotherapy
- Deep Relaxation of Body and Mind – preparation for Hypnosis.
- Therapy for Gambling – Deconstructing the desire and need.
- 4 Helpful Steps – Re-label, Re-attribute, Re-focus, Re-value.
- Post Hypnotic Tools
- Relaxing, gentle re-entry to the conscious world
If you have any links to gambling, betting or risk-taking websites that involve money on your computer, laptop, notepad, or mobile device, remove them now!
You can listen to this session as often as you want to or need to. We suggest that initially you use it once a day for a minimum of 5 consecutive days.
You may think you are past the point of no return, remember, problem gambling and gambling addiction can be fixed.
Gambling addiction can strain your relationships; interfere with responsibilities at home and work and lead to financial catastrophe. “Problem gambling” is like any behaviour that disrupts your life. If you’re engrossed with gambling, spending more and more time and cash on it, chasing losses, or gambling despite serious difficulties you already have, then you have a gambling problem. You might even do things you never thought you would, such as stealing to get money to gamble with or pay back your gambling debts.
This session gives you back control, by tackling the habit at a sub-conscious level.
Addiction can make you believe that what is untrue is true.
The more your conscious and subconscious mind is wired to think this way, the more difficult it is to undue that wiring – the odd time you might win, just supports your false thinking. If you’re ready to own up to the problem and seek help, you can overcome your gambling addiction and take back the control in your life that you want.
Your addiction is sustained and the 'learnt behaviour' is stimulated by your wrong supposition that you can beat the system, that you will ‘one day win all you need’, but you know that in reality, this unlikely to ever happen. Because even if you did have a big win, it would never be enough to replenish all your losses, and it certainly won’t stop you thinking you can win even more, and therefore lose more, because that’s the nature of the habit.
Hypnotherapy aims to undo that way of thinking, it challenges your beliefs and re-wires your mind, so that the need and desire to gamble is stopped.