The Nervous Rider Action Plan for Nervous Riders
Have you always been a nervous rider, or has something happened that caused this, or have things just changed over the years, whatever the reason for feeling nervous, anxious or scared when riding or handling your horse or pony, we are here to help. This Nervous Rider Action Plan will help you become a more confident, motivated, relaxed rider with a positive, calm outlook so that you and your horse can enjoy each other's company, reach your fullest potential together, and work as a team.
Available in Digital Download format only.
Various MP3 files.
Zipped Folder of Documents.
Instructions for use.
The Nervous Rider Action Plan for all nervous riders
A complete solution for all nervous horse riders
- Do you play movies in your head of all the things that could go wrong?
- Do you sometimes feel physically sick at the thought of riding again?
- Do you make excuses not to ride because you are so nervous?
- Does it seems as though everyone else that rides has an easy time of it?
- Does competing or just hacking out on your own seem like a distant dream that is always out of reach?
- Do you wonder where those feelings of fear and anxiety come from and how you can take control and stop them?
How can this Nervous Rider Action Plan help you?
This Action Plan brings together a selection of Self-help homework exercises, a Hypnotherapy Session to lift confidence riding and handling horses, and a deep relaxation process that can be used during stressful times. The information about stress and anxiety will help you understand why your body behaves as it does when you become fearful and anxious about riding or handling your horse or pony.
The key to stopping those unwanted feelings is to understand where they come from.
The printable worksheets are separate to the Audio files. These written exercises are intended to help you challenge how you think, how you see your problems and how you handle them. They will help you decide what changes need to be made to reach your goals. But before you can start on your goals, you need to know what they are so you will be encouraged to discover what your goals are and how they can be achieved. If they can’t be then plan B needs to be activated, this looks at what concessions you may have to make to satisfy your needs and desires.
The basis for this kind of work is called Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, which stimulates healthy thinking styles, which in turn promotes healthy, positive actions and productive behaviours and reactions. Every negative emotion has a thought behind it, alter your thoughts and you can alter your mood.
This Nervous Rider Action Plan will help you to become a more motivated, positive, rider with a confident, relaxed attitude to riding that will more than likely transfer to other parts of your life in a very positive way.
5 individual mp3 downloads are as follows:
- Track 1 is an introduction
- Track 2 explains what Stress and Panic is and what causes the emotional, physiological and psychological changes you experience.
- Track 3 explains how Hypnotherapy helps the nervous rider
- Track 4 is the 5-Breath Relaxation Technique
- Track 5 is the Self-Hypnosis Session
Data Zipped folder download as follows:
Containing 22 documents in Microsoft word format (as this is a zipped folder it cannot be downloaded directly to a Apple phone, ipad or ipod).
Instructions for use:
The majority of the documents can be used in any order and are self- explanatory. The files in the CBT Folder are best used in alphabetical order. The ‘Advanced Thought Record Form’ has instructions for use, read these before attempting to complete the record.
- Creating Confidence
- Diaphragmatic Breathing
- Making Changes Part 1
- Making Changes Part 2
- Mental Cleansing
- Daily Schedule